Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hair Extensions- Clip In

Clip-In's are super easy to do they are the cheapest form of Hair Extensions. With clip-in's there are a few different options.

Clip-In Wefts
Jessica Simpson Hair Extensions


You can get them as single "wefts" (I like to think of them as panels of hair) or you can get them where the wefts are connected (I think of it as a half wig: fake hair on the bottom real hair on the top) Jessica Simpson Extensions are like this.

 


Kind of Hair: Synthetic or Human. Typically synthetic you cant heat style but I do have some that I can use low heat on (read the instructions if it says dont use heat DO NOT USE HEAT!) Human hair will last alot longer and you can style it as you would your own hair.

My favorite thing about Clip-In extensions is you can get really creative with fun colors for only a night or even try out bangs for the day!!


My biggest recommendation for clip ins is to make sure you have a good color match (or if its human hair have your colorist color them) and if you plan of wearing them often get them blended with your hair. I don't recommend them for daily use but they're great for a night out or event.

Below is a picture of my normal hair length and a picture with clip in extensions. I used 6-8 wefts of two different colors Note: I have a horrible color match and they're not blended (but it was Halloween its expected.)

Before Clip-Ins
After Clip-In Extensions

2 comments: