Thursday, April 28, 2011

Things I Cant Live Without: Part 1- Hair Tools

Yesterday I was running around and realized there are items that I absolutely love and can’t live without. I figured why not share those things with my friends and clients.
Since I’m a hairstylist I figured that I might as well dish all the secrets about my hair routine. Please take note: Everyone has different hair, things that work well for me may not be appropriate for you.

USPA Kashmir Shampoo and Conditioner- 
I’m a girl who regularly uses bleach on my hair. Which dries my ends out, The Kashmir Shampoo and conditioner is sulfate free and moisturizing so it won’t step my color and hydrates those needy ends. The only thing I have issues with about these guys is sometimes I don’t feel like my hair is very clean so I tend to need to wash twice. (More shampoo won’t help. What helps is washing rinsing then washing again)

LOMA Pearatin Nourishing Oil-
I have been using LOMA’s Fortifying Reparative Serum for the last 5 years and I swear that is the only reason I don’t have an unwanted pixicut. It strengthens and repairs damaged hair. Well this last year they released a new Serum the Nourishing Oil. I quickly fell in love. First of all it has the best vanilla smell ever! (I love it so much I bought a Candle) but it adds extra hydration to your hair and is a thermal protectant too! In the end my hair is always so shiny and really really soft.


USPA Amplifying Gel-
This stuff is hair volume amazing! It has a sugar protein that bonds to each strand of hair and makes them appear to be larger. Creating the illusion for fuller thicker hair. I really work it into my crown and always use heat to activate it!



mop C-System Firm Finish Strong Hold Hairspray 


I love this hairspray!! Its one of the driest hairsprays you can find in the US. You wont ever have that sticky feeling its got a good hold but you can still brush it out and work with it. I love it for volumizing my fine hair. 


GHD Gold Classic Styler-
If you’re an avid flat iron user invest in one that costs more than $100. I’ve been flat ironing my hair for 10 years I found that cheaper flat irons don’t have steady heat, one minute its hot, the next its warm. They also tend to be coated with ceramic or another heat conducting material rather than the entire plate. I’ve found that the coating can chip in the less expensive flat irons. My number one pet peeve is when Flat Irons pull your hair. I found that some the less expensive ones my hair got stuck to screws which caused hair damage. If you see that the plate is made out of gold RUN!  Throw that thing in the garbage and don’t allow it to see daylight. I’ve heard many stories about the gold plated irons to actually burn hair. So after lecturing you let me tell you about the new love of my life my GHD Gold Classic Styler. This baby heats up in 15 seconds and even beeps when it’s ready! It runs through hair so smoothly and the exterior doesn’t get very warm at all. My favorite feature is it turns off after 30 min if you accidently leave it on!



Hair Secret: I Shampoo and Condition every other day. You don’t need to shampoo every day to have healthy hair. Actually shampooing strips your natural oils out of your hair and can cause more harm than good.

**All of these products are available at Evolve Hair and Art. The Flat Iron is available by special order

No comments:

Post a Comment